1. Compared with die casting
, sand casting
, the investment casting product has good surface smoothness. Usually about 1.3-0.4 microns RMS Ra.
2. Lost wax castings have excellent dimensional accuracy, and it is easy to achieve tighter tolerances of 0.075 mm (0.003 inches).
3. Less waste of resources, used wax can be recycled.
4. It is possible to manufacture complex shapes that are difficult to make easily by other processes.
5. The larger the finished product shape, the lower the allocated cost.
6. With shorter length or shallower depth, thin parts with a thickness as low as 0.40 mm (0.015 inches) can be precision investment cast without cold seal defects.
7. In terms of investment casting materials, it has almost no restrictions. The most common materials include aluminum alloys, cast iron, and non-ferrous alloys, especially suitable for high-temperature alloys.
8. Because there is no parting line, the investment casting product will not have any flash. But the wax mold may have parting lines with the master mold.
9. The investment casting process can be automated to produce a large number of parts.
10. It is not necessary to make a primer on the wall, but if a master mold is used to make the wax model, then the primer on the surface will make the marking process easier.
11. Investment precision casting can be used to replace die castings in the short term.